Transfer Ambassadors Position Description
The Center for the First-Year Experience (CFYE) invites former transfer students to serve as Transfer Ambassadors (TA’s). Transfer Ambassadors must be available to work up to six hours per week, during the academic year, but days and times are variable and flexible. Limited hours are also available at Transfer SOAR sessions during summer and winter breaks.
Serving as a Transfer Ambassador will reward students with experiences and skills that enhance career and personal development. They will work with the Transfer Transition Advisor to create and staff programming to facilitate the transfer student transition to the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Transfer Ambassadors will be selected based on ability to work well with others, communicate effectively, and serve as a positive role model on behalf of UW-Madison. They must display creativity, public relations skills, a high level of professionalism, inclusivity, and maturity of judgment. Additionally, they must have patience, flexibility, strong organizational skills, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn.
- Must be an enrolled undergraduate student who transferred to UW-Madison one or more semesters ago.
- Must demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must demonstrate the ability to serve as a role model by modeling integrity and inclusivity.
- Must be in good academic standing at time of application. Both transfer GPA and UW-Madison GPA are considered.
The Transfer Ambassador position is an exciting opportunity to assist transfer students in their transition to UW-Madison by connecting them to the Wisconsin Experience through various activities and new initiatives.
- Assist new transfer students in their first semester at UW-Madison by facilitating involvement opportunities, promoting a sense of belonging to the Badger community and the greater Madison area, and provide resources for personal and academic success.
- Attend training sessions.
- Assist with Wisconsin Welcome events, as needed; including Convocation, Night at Overture on August 30, and the Transfer Welcome Dinner on September 10.
- Assist with email, print, and in-person outreach to transfer students.
- Mentor new transfer students in one-on-one meetings.
- Develop programming and activities for transfer students to enhance the Wisconsin Experience.
- Participate in weekly TA staff meetings.
- Support the Transfer Transition Program in whatever capacity necessary.
- Transfer Ambassadors will be paid $9.00 per hour
Additional Benefits of Employment
- Some meals during Wisconsin Welcome sessions
- Significant networking and interaction with University staff, students, parents, and guests
- Considerable leadership and program planning experience
- Transfer Ambassador attire